WONDER YEARS - STEADY AS SHE GOES (Part 1)

Hello there!

I remember I used to love watching this show - I wouldn't miss it forthe world! I was certainly youngerthan the characters, because I'd just imagine myself going through the same things they were going through. I could barely wait 'til I'd finally be recognized as a teenager.

And when the time finally came, it was almost just like the way I had watched over and over. Having a crush on someone was the biggest deal ever, and having the guts to talk to a guy was something that seemed impossible.

Walking up to a person and asking this person out, or asking the person to go steady is something which is not a piece of cake. Most people have butterflies in their stomach just at the tought at doing it, at the possibility of being dumped or of making a fool of themselves in front of other people.

Imagine when you are a teenager and you don't have any experience? It seems to be even scarier.

The video is great because it show us exactly how a junior high boy deals with the feeling of wanting to ask a girl to go steady. I don't think it's something that would be asked nowadays, but anyway... The feeling of having to approach is just the same.

There is much we could discuss, and I'd be please do discuss these topics with you:

* How to walk up to a girl / boy;
* Teenager dating;
* Teenager relationships;
* Going steady;
* First dates;
* Jealousy;
* Behaviour at school... And more.

I'd love it if you could help me make out this list. Watch the video and tell me what else we can talk about.

Watch the video and have fun! Then, don't forget to do the exercises. ;o)


0 comments: